I have a treat in store for you today, Friends…….Apple Bundt Cake. This cake really says Fall to me and is a lovely way to start the day, celebrate the afternoon or enjoy an evening dessert. I found the recipe on the I Am Baker website. I made a couple of modifications but stuck pretty close to the recipe.
2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 large eggs, room temperature
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon spice
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon salt
3 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a 12 cup Bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, oil, vanilla and eggs with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, spices and salt; stir into the batter just until blended.
- Fold in the apples by hand. Pour into the prepared bundt pan.
- Bake for 55-70 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for about 20 minutes in the pan and then invert on to a wire rack.
Gather all your ingredients together.
Grease and flour your 12-cup bundt pan.
Combine sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla and beat until fluffy.
Combine flour, baking soda, spices and salt and mix together. Then add to the batter mixing until just combined.
Add the chopped apples to the batter and stir in.
Add mixture to prepared bundt pan and place in a 325 degree pre-heated oven. Bake for 55-70 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 20 minutes. Upend onto a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
Serve it on a pretty plate or cake stand. Your family will really enjoy this great Fall treat.